Mass protest of Banja Luka citizens titled ‘Justice for David – stop to unsanctioned murders in Banja Luka’ was held Saturday in that city located in the north of Bosnia.
Citizens gathered to express support to the parents of 21-year-old David Dragicevic, who went missing in mid-March this year and whose body was found a few days later in a local river.
The parents claim their son was murdered and they demand from authorities to unveil and sanction the perpetrators as well as those who, according to the parents, tried to cover up this case.
The gathering was organized through a Facebook page which now counts more than 50,000 members and which was formed to, as the group’s description says, to shed light on the disappearance and murder of David Dragicevic.
Davor Dragicevic, father of the 21-year-old man, previously called on citizens to gather in a dignified manner.
At Dragicevic’s request, the local police formed a new operative team, which is investigating the case.
The police delivered the previously carried out investigation result to the District Prosecutor’s Office of Banja Luka, which read that the case contained no elements of a criminal offence. The Prosecutor’s Office earlier said that a team of prosecutors and police officers determined all circumstances of the young man’s death, and that the public would be timely informed about it once the legally relevant facts are determined.
Two autopsy procedures conducted by two different teams gave opposite results regarding the time of death of the young man.