EU Delegation: Two new migrant locations to unburden Bihac authorities

EU Delegation: Two new migrant locations to unburden Bihac authorities

EU Delegation: Two new migrant locations to unburden Bihac authorities Izvor: Reuters

The EU Delegation in Bosnia and Herzegovina said Friday that they took note of the decision by the authorities to allocate two additional migrant facilities outside the Una Sana Canton (USK) which they claim will unburden the pressure of the Bihac and USK authorities who have been hit by the crisis the most.

“Significant EU funds are already available for the development of these new sites. We expect this to lead to speedy closure of the Vucjak site,” the Delegation noted in their statement.

According to them, the EU's financial support priorities include the provision of humanitarian assistance, accommodation, food, clothing, utilities, medical assistance, education, child protection services, and so on.

“Out of €36 million of the EU assistance provided since early 2018, almost 94 percent has been spent on caring for the migrants, including setting up and managing five temporary reception centres (Usivak, Borici, Bira, Miral and Sedra). The remaining 6 percent has been used to help Bosnia strengthen its migration management capacities,” the Delegation said.

They added that they expect all the authorities in the country to continue working together in good faith to find ways for burden-sharing and long-term solutions.

Comments (0)

Comment sent successfully.

Comment sending failed.

Invalid CAPTCHA

* All fields are required

MOST POPULAR

NAJNOVIJE

READ MORE

NEWS

NEWS

Erdogan slams Nobel laureate Handke 12.12.2019.

12.12.2019.  |  NEWS

NEWS

NEWS

Joy Lo Dico on UK election: It is a question what will happen in next 24 hours 12.12.2019.

12.12.2019.  |  NEWS

NEWS

NEWS

Bosnia's international administrator: Support for Bonn Powers increasing 12.12.2019.

12.12.2019.  |  NEWS

NEWS

NEWS

SDA to Serbian Def. Minister: Truth about war crimes in Bosnia can not be denied 12.12.2019.

12.12.2019.  |  NEWS

NEWS

NEWS

Islamic Community apologises for lack of Bosnian flag at Doboj meeting 12.12.2019.

12.12.2019.  |  NEWS

NEWS

NEWS

Attorney: Evidence that Bosnia abducts and deports Turkish citizens to Turkey 12.12.2019.

12.12.2019.  |  NEWS

NEWS

NEWS

44 polling stations to be set up in Bosnia for Croatia's presidential vote 12.12.2019.

12.12.2019.  |  NEWS

NEWS

NEWS

Duty handover at NATO HQ Sarajevo, new commander wishes to resume partnership 12.12.2019.

12.12.2019.  |  NEWS

loader