Montenegro’s Government wholly isolated on the Tuzi municipality, close to the capital of Podgorica, to contain the spreading of COVID-19 virus, the Anadolu news agency reported on Wednesday.
Deputy Prime Minister Milutin Simovic told the Tuzi population to “unconditionally stay at home."
"We’re starting the battle for Tuzi and the whole of Montenegro… Everyone at home, unconditionally! We must prevent everything that is a big danger for the spreading of the virus in and around Tuzi," he said.
Montenegro was the last European country to register COVID-19 virus infection on March 17.
So far, there are 52 people have been confirmed to have been infected with COVID-19 virus, the state RTCG TV reported on Wednesday.
The tiny coastal republic has reported one death due to coronavirus epidemic.
Until 6 pm on Tuesday, 5,972 people were under medical monitoring.