Dragicevic sends new message on social networks, his whereabouts still unknown

NEWS 23.01.2019 13:21
Share:
Source: N1

“You can only kill me and do nothing else,” Davor Dragicevic, the father seeking justice for his murdered son wrote on Wednesday on social networks. He reiterated that the Interior Ministry leadership is behind “the brutal murder” of David Dragicevic.

“You killed my child! You're preparing prison and murder for me. To me, peace and dignity have no meaning or purpose in life,” said the father.

The message was shared on the Justice for David movement's Facebook group, which gathers the supporters of the parents who have been demanding for months from authorities in Bosnia's Republika Srpska (RS) entity to solve the murder of their son, 21-year-old David Dragicevic.

“I will follow my own path, for my Djakac (David's nickname), until the end,” said the father's message on the group's Facebook feed. “You can only kill me and do nothing else, I'm going to the end. Me and my child will never get justice from these institutions, but I will find it for you, my son, for you, my dear, I am going until the end.”

Davor Dragicevic disappeared on December 30 last year after the police issued the arrest warrant for him and several other persons, for alleged violation of public order and peace during the protests they staged.

Speculations of where Dragicevic might be have emerged in the weeks following his disappearance.

Some embassies denied allegations that Dragicevic or any of the Justice for David group members have sought the asylum in their countries.

“The Embassy of Switzerland in Bosnia and Herzegovina had no active communication with the group members, neither formally or informally,” the Swiss Embassy told N1 pointing out that the local authorities are expected to obey numerous international agreements on protection of human rights it had signed.

The Embassy of Austria did not specify if Davor Dragicevic sought the political asylum but they said it was a task for the police and judiciary in Bosnia to resolve the young man's death.

“Regarding the allegations of the western embassies instrumentalising the Dragicevic case for political goals, I can just say that our embassy only emphasised its interest in having the case solved. It is an unresolved case that the police and judiciary should solve,” said Wolfgang Thill, the Embassy's official.

The UK Embassy earlier denied the allegations of the involvement in the Dragicevic case.

Davor Dragicevic sent out the first message after his disappearance on January 7 also through social networks when he asked for the case of his son's murder to be transferred to the state-level institutions.

The 21-year-old David Dragicevic went missing on March 18 and his lifeless body was found a few days later in a local river in the northwestern city of Banja Luka where the murder took place.

Thousands of people gathered in the Justice for David group, headed by the father, have been protesting since March in the centre of Banja Luka, demanding a solution to the case and openly blaming institutions and officials for the young man's death.