Tourist visits down 75 percent in Bosnia's Federation entity

NEWS 30.04.2020 09:52
Source: Fena

The total number of tourists in Bosnia's Bosniak-Croat region Federation (FBiH) in March of this year was 16,186 which is 75 percent less compared to March 2019, and 63.1 percent less compared to February 2020, FBiH Statistics Agency reported on Thursday.

The share of domestic tourists was 40.3 percent and that of foreign tourists was 59.7 percent.

The total number of overnight stays in the FBiH in March 2020 stood at 31,881, which is 72.6 percent less than in March 2019, and 61.2 percent less compared to February 2020.

When it comes to the structure of overnight stays of foreign tourists, the highest number of nights on the FBiH were spent by Croatian tourists (16.6 percent), followed by tourists from Serbia (8.9 percent), Turkey (6.3 percent), Northern Macedonia (5.2 percent) and Germany (4.4 percent), which is a total of 41.4 percent of foreign tourist overnights. Tourists from other countries realized the remaining 58.6 percent of overnight stays.