Bosnia’s Constitutional Court made a decision to repeal certain provisions of the acts from the transfer of competencies from BiH to the Republika Srpska (RS) entity, on Thursday, which were passed by the RS National Assembly.
“Deciding on the request of 15 members of the House of Representatives of the Parliamentary Assembly of Bosnia and Herzegovina to resolve the dispute between BiH and the RS, the Constitutional Court determined that there is a dispute regarding the adoption of disputed provisions of the Declaration and Conclusions by the RS National Assembly on the return of competencies from the state of BiH to the entity in the field of justice, defence and security, indirect taxation and other issues. It was determined that certain provisions of the disputed acts are not in accordance with Art. I / 2. and III / 3.b) of the Constitution, due to which certain provisions of the mentioned acts were repealed by the Constitutional Court,” the Court stated.
The Court considered the following provisions:
– Declaration on Constitutional Principles No. 02 / 1-021-1034 / 21 of December 10, 2021;
– Conclusions regarding the Information on Judicial Institutions of Bosnia and Herzegovina No. 02 / 1-021-1032 / 21 of December 10, 2021;
– Conclusions regarding the Information on the transfer of competencies from the RS to the level of BiH in the field of defence and security number: 02 / 1-021-1033 / 21 of December 10, 2021;
– Conclusions regarding the Information on the transfer of competencies in the field of indirect taxation number: 02 / 1-021-1031 / 21 of December 10, 2021;
– Conclusions regarding the Information on the transfer of competencies from the RS to the level of BiH number 02 / 1-021-1030 / 21 of December 10, 2021.
The Constitutional Court of BiH determined that the vital national interest of the Bosniak Caucus has not been violated in connection with the proposal to amend the Election Law proposed to the Parliamentary Assembly by the Croat Democratic Union (HDZ BiH).
This was discussed at the request of HDZ BiH Leader Dragan Covic to examine the regularity of the procedure on the existence of grounds for declaring changes to the Election Law harmful to the vital national interest of Bosniaks.